St. Mark’s Lower School strives to provide a nurturing environment where teachers and staff work hard to build strong relationships with parents to ensure students become independent learners and problem-solvers.
Our highly trained and experienced faculty understand the academic, social, and emotional needs of our Lower School students and foster the various learning styles of each child through differentiated instruction.
Lower School at a Glance:
Average Class Size: 14-16 students (2 homerooms per grade)
1-2 enrichment classes per day; P.E. daily
- Social emotional learning curriculum
- Chapel twice a week
Morning and afternoon 30-minute gross motor breaks
Daily 30-minute recess
- Public speaking and performance opportunities
- Field trips, including an overnight trip in 5th grade
- Service opportunities
- Community-building opportunities with other grades (e.g. 1st & 5th grade Chapel buddies)
- Variety of athletic and extracurricular offerings during and after school
School Day: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. with drop-off as early as 7:30 a.m. and extended day options until 5:30 p.m.